1.3

For those who have been preparing for months and maybe years. For those taking courses and classes to prepare for the ITEP proficiency test:

Don't give up on your dreams and don't doubt your ability!!

Im a teacher's daughter, I was raised in the classroom and studied in 6 schools and learned many teaching methods.

This test is one of the most inhumane things I've ever seen in my life.

They don't care if you know, speak, or write in English very well, they want to test your bank account and make money. They ask extremely tricky questions so you don't get it right and pay $40 (each section) to ask them to review, or $30 for the practice test package or they want you to pay $129 and retake the test.

Unfortunately, they use your vulnerability (since you need that test for your academic future) to take money taking advantage from you.

In my case, I'm from Brazil, Im 30 years old and I've been studying English since 1999. In 2019 I moved to the United States and I've been studying Business English since then. I took the test for application at the UCLA extension course.

First: they don't send you the correct answers to the questions after you take the test or even the practice tests.

(Suspicious, huh?)

Adding to that, I asked them the result of the questions so I could study because how am I going to study without knowing where I went wrong? And nobody returned me.

Second: I showed the questions to my 30-year-old friends, born and raised in North America, graduated from Universities and the opinion was unanimous: what weird questions, even I couldn't. (Suspicious, huh?)

Third and last since I took the test yesterday and that was a question that threw in the trash everything I've learned about English so far and made me cry to imagine how a company can be so inhumane and cruel:

The question was a lecture listening. In it, the teacher is in the classroom talking to the students and he talks about the Baader Meinhof phenomenon which is your awareness of something increases.

This leads you to believe its actually happening more, even if thats not the case. He mentions some examples and explains how this happens.

At the end of the listening, where I perfectly understood everything that was said, the questions came. And the first question seemed surreal, but it was: What could the students possibly do after class?

I was in shock. How do you test someone's study assuming some event?

Even the Buddha will be emotionally destabilized.

This is just one of the examples that this test brings.

Don't pay for this test. Look for other alternatives.

Talk to your academic coordinator and your University. Show them that you are good, that you studied and can speak English without having to pay a mafia to define you.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: 22048 Sherman Way, Canoga Park, CA 91303